1 Apr 2020
EUR 88.52 million
Infrastructure, transportation and telecom
|Date of agreement:||19 Nov 2018|
|Amount in NOK:||NOK 145 million|
|Amount in EUR:||EUR 15.1 million|
|NACE sector / loan type:||Production and distribution of electricity|
|Business area:||Energy and water|
This loan contributes to climate change mitigation: 100%
Financing from NIB Environmental Bond proceeds
NEB-eligible share: 100%
NEB category: Renewable energy
Amount disbursed: EUR 15 million
Note: For loans in other currencies than EUR, the equivalent in EUR is based on the exchange rate effective for the disbursement. Read more about the NIB Environmental Bonds
NIB is providing long-term co-financing to Eidefoss for the construction of the 80 MW Rosten hydropower plant in the municipality of Sel in Gudbrandsdal, Oppland. The construction work is complete, and the official opening of the plant took place in August 2018.
Total costs are NOK 900 million. Eidefoss owns 28% of the project, and its share of the investment is NOK 250 million. Oppland Energi, a company controlled by NIB’s customers ECO-Energi and Eidsiva Energi, owns the remaining 72% of the plant.
The project includes a new 132 kV line from Rosten to the existing net in Vågåmo. It also includes a 4.1 km water intake tunnel to the Rosten turbine hall, with three turbines, of 8.5 MW, 20 MW and 51.5 MW for a combined 80 MW. A 400-metre water outlet leads out from the turbine hall. The annual energy production is expected to be 192 GWh.
A/S Eidefoss distributes electricity generated by hydropower. The municipalities of Vågå, Lom, Sel, Dovre and Lesja own equal shares in the company.
Hydropower is one of the most mature of renewable energies and has one of the best conversion efficiencies of all known energy sources.
Hydropower is in general a sustainable way of generating renewable electricity. The Rosten hydropower plant is a run-of-river plant, and will thus not provide any regulating power.
requirements for minimum flow in the river will minimise the project’s negative
impact on the river. The power lines are not located close to residential areas,
and there is no risk of people becoming exposed to electromagnetic fields above