NIB can offer you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and competitive. Also, we are an International Financial Institution, which will give you the possibility to work with international experts at higher levels than elsewhere. The challenges you will face working at NIB are unique, providing you with valuable experiences on an international level. We are a close network of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international and our official internal language is English.
We are looking for a Solution Developer to join our IT Unit’s application support team for a four-year fixed term contract.
Are you intrigued by the financial markets and looking for the next step to challenge yourself and grow professionally? Would you like to be part of the broader team responsible for running NIB’s business critical applications and supporting them with the help of our vendor network? Would you enjoy working for an organisation that is financing the future?
The IT Unit is responsible for running NIB’s business critical applications and supporting them with the help of our vendor network. We mainly work with Microsoft stack. The Unit is suitable in size, therefore everyone can make a difference and have an impact. The application support team is reporting directly to the CIO of NIB. As a Solutions Developer you will report to the team lead, Head of Architecture & Application support. You will be engaged mainly on supporting and developing activities related to our Treasury solution, Finastra product Summit, but not limited to it. You are not left alone, since you will have knowledgeable colleagues, with different skillsets to help you succeed.
We offer you a front-runner position in an International Financial Institution where you have an opportunity to shape and develop our IT operations and make an impact on growth, productivity, and the environment in the Nordic-Baltic region.
The position offers excellent insight into the Bank’s business activities as well as a unique opportunity to learn more about Treasury operations.
Your journey in NIB will consist of:
- Responsibility to develop and code NIB’s Treasury system customizations if the functionality cannot be covered by the standard product.
- Provide 3rd level support for NIB’s Treasury system users.
- Enhance and monitor NIB’s Treasury system EOD to stay mature and stable.
- Apply development best practises to your work guided by NIB’s development guidelines.
- Function as an equal member of the development & support team, which functions in sprints following Agile practises.
- Give your input for continuous improvement.
- Take part in projects and other activities within the Unit.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Interest in and knowledge of Financial Core system (s).
- Strong Knowledge of C++,C# and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Scripting language preferably Python, Powershell.
- Experience on Azure Devops and Enterprise EOD scheduler will be an additional benefit.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Growth mindset to make a difference with your talent.
In addition, we value:
- Overall Summit SDK API experience including Front-Office, Back-Office, Risk & Accounting modules.
- Experience on Microsoft Azure overall (Development platforms e.g. PowerPlatform, Containers AKS / ACI etc.)
- A high level of integrity and the capacity to collaborate within a team.
- Proactivity and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Positivity with a bubbling personality.
We offer you:
- An opportunity to develop your IT professional skills further. In addition, be involved with other responsibility areas of the IT unit based on your interest and skills.
- The possibility to influence and participate in developing the Architecture & Application team’s activities further.
- A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
- A role in an ambitious and supportive team that values initiative, learning, sharing and the ability to proactively collaborate with colleagues across the Bank.
- A place in an International Financial Institution with a clear purpose to do good.
NIB offers an international banking environment and a competitive remuneration package. Our unique position as an international financial institution (IFI) provides a novel perspective on the financial industry.
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
The recruitment is carried out by the recruitment firm Path2Talent and the contact person for the recruitment is Lubica Kangas: email@example.com, mobile +358 (0) 40 8419 662.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience.
NIB is an international and professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Find your place at NIB
Our employees share the experiences of working with us and living in Helsinki. Hear the stories about how they found their place at NIB.
Would you like to learn more about who we are and what working at NIB is like? Read what our employees have to say: