Data Platform Developer
NIB is an international financial institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries. NIB can offer you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and productive. The challenges you will face working at NIB are unique, providing you with valuable experiences on an international level. We are a network of some 225 people located in the heart of Helsinki. NIB has a work culture that is rich in teamwork and learning. The atmosphere is international and we work in English.
The IT unit at NIB is seeking a
As a Data Platform Developer, you will be part of our Business Intelligence team developing and supporting the bank’s data platform. In addition, you will be part of a professional IT unit with skillful and engaged IT professionals.
We offer you a front-runner position in an International Financial Institution where you have an opportunity to shape and develop your IT skills further and make an impact on growth, productivity, and the environment in the Nordic-Baltic region.
• Implementation and support of complex data systems and solutions
• Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence
• Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality
• Work together with business users to understand business requirements
• Help the bank transition into the cloud leveraging best practices and technologies
Qualifications and experience
• Higher education qualification, such as Computer Science or other applicable, with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
• Several years of experience in successfully delivering Data Vault 2.0 enabled Data Warehouse (DW) and Data Platform solutions
• Expert knowledge in SQL
• Strong background in Microsoft BI stack development
• Experience with working and delivering with cloud-based technologies (Azure, AWS etc.)
• Experience in working in agile project deliveries
• Fluency in English, coupled with solid writing skills
• Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills, and likes working in a multi-cultural environment
In addition, we value:
• Prior knowledge of Financial Services or Investment Banking
• Any certifications in modern Data Platforms
• Previous programming experience
• A high level of integrity and the capacity to collaborate within a team
• Proactivity and ability to meet deadlines
• Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
We offer you
• An opportunity to develop your professional skills
• The possibility to participate in developing NIB’s IT unit further
• A multicultural working environment with a high level of professionalism
• A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about this position and to apply, please contact Lubica Kangas, email@example.com, mobile +358 (0) 40 8419 662. The deadline for submitting your application is 30.1.2022, applications will however be processed successively when received.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance. NIB is a professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.