NIB provides financing to projects that promote productivity gains and environmental benefits for the Nordic and Baltic countries. NIB has the highest possible credit rating and acquires the funds for its lending by borrowing on the international capital markets. NIB has some 200 employees and total assets amounting to over EUR 30 billion. NIB’s headquarters are located in Helsinki, Finland. The main working language of NIB is English.
We are looking for a Senior Solution Developer to join our IT unit’s application support team for a four-year fixed term contract.
IT unit is responsible for running bank’s business critical applications and supporting them with the help of our vendor network. We mainly work with Microsoft stack. The unit is suitable in size, so everyone can make a difference and have an impact. The application support team is reporting directly to the CIO of NIB. As a Senior Solutions Developer you will report to the team lead, Head of Architecture & Application support. You will be engaged mainly on supporting and developing activities related to our Treasury solution, Finastra product Summit, but not limited to it. You are not left alone, since you will have knowledgeable colleagues, with different skillsets to help you succeed.
We offer you a front-runner position in an International Financial Institution where you have an opportunity to shape and develop our IT operations and make an impact on growth, productivity, and the environment in the Nordic-Baltic region.
- Responsibility to develop and code NIB’s Summit customizations if functionality cannot be covered by the standard product
- Provide 3rd level support for NIB’s Summit users
- Enhance and monitor the Summit EOD to stay mature and stable
- Apply development best practises to your work guided by NIB’s development guidelines
- Function as an equal member of the Summit development & support team, which functions in sprints following Agile practises
- Give your input for continuous improvement of team’s way-of-working to get the best out of you and the team
You will also from time to time be involved with the other responsibility areas of the IT unit based on your interest and skills.
Qualifications with the successful candidate would be:
- Must have at least 6+ year of experience working with Finastra’s Summit product
- Overall Summit STK API experience including Front-Office, Back-Office, Risk & Accounting modules
- Strong Knowledge of C++, C# and Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Scripting language preferably Python, Powershell
- Experience on Azure Devops and Enterprise EOD scheduler will be an additional benefit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset to make a difference with your talent
In addition, we value:
- Experience from Finastra’s Risk products
- Experience on Microsoft Azure overall (Development platforms e.g. PowerPlatform, Containers AKS / ACI etc.)
- A high level of integrity and the capacity to collaborate within a team
- Proactivity and ability to meet deadlines
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Positivity with a bubbling personality
We offer you
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and gain insights into the global capital markets
- The possibility to influence on your own career path through your interest and ability to adopt new skills and technologies
- A multicultural working environment with a high level of professionalism
- A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
- Extensive employee benefits
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about this position, please contact Torben Petersen at the recruitment firm peoplemover, email@example.com, +45 45 79 98 98.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination based on gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance.
NIB is a professional expert organisation and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Find your place at NIB
Our employees share the experiences of working with us and living in Helsinki. Hear the stories about how they found their place at NIB.
Would you like to learn more about who we are and what working at NIB is like? Read what our employees have to say: